Pixc: Photo Resize “the App” provides automated photo resizing on product photos “the Service” to merchants who use Shopify to power their stores. Pixc, Inc. (Pixc, we, our, www.pixc.com, or us) respects your privacy and understands our responsibility to protect your personal data and ensure it is safe and secure.
All personal information will be collected, stored, and used in accordance with the regulations set down in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and to the extent applicable, by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/279 (GDPR) .
Personal information the App collects
All personal information we collect, store and use will be subject to this policy and may be amended from time to time. When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account:
- Basic Shopify store information. This includes but not limited store name, store URL, store’s contact email address, phone number, and country;
- Product-related information such as collection, product name, product images, product variant, and Smart collection
Additionally, we collect the following types of personal information from you and/or your customers once you have installed the App:
- Personal & Demographic information about you and others who may access the App on behalf of your store, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and billing information;
- Log and Device information. This includes browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, page views analytics, page sessions analytics, acquisition sources, access and your use of our Site, including through your communication with our Site, your Internet cookies, the type of browser you are using, type of operating system you are using, your domain, your time zone and/or your uniform resource locator (URL). The type of information we collect depends on the device and its settings that you are using.
We collect personal information directly from the relevant individual, through your Shopify account, or using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or third parties. Depending on the activity or action, the personal information we collect may either be voluntary or mandatory. If you do not consent to provide mandatory data, we will not collect it, and you will not be able to engage in the respective activity or action.
Information sharing with third party service providers
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Pixc may also share personal information to:
- Third party service providers to enable them to provide their services, including but not limited to data storage, IT services, maintenance or problem-solving service, marketing or advertising, professional advisors, or payment gateways.
- Third parties, which includes sub-contractors or agents, who help us provide information, services, or direct marketing to you.
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, or relevant businesses.
- Social Media Features such as widgets or share buttons or interactive mini-programs run on our site and may collect your IP address and/or set cookies
- Our employees, contractors, and related entities.
- Our existing and potential business partners.
- Credit reporting agencies, tribunals, regulatory authorities or courts, in case you fail to pay for services provided
- Tribunals, regulator authorities or courts, in relation to any legal proceedings (actual or prospective), or in order to establish, defend, or exercise our legal rights
- Mailchimp / Mandrill
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
How your personal information is used
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide Pixc services. Your personal information will be used to offer our Pixc: Photo Resize App and other app services to you; manage your store's product photos, respond to your inquiries/concerns, and other service support purposes.
- Improve our products and services. We regularly perform research and analysis about your use or interest in products, services, and content we offer or product, services, and content offered by others. This is done to continuously improve our products and services and build new products and features to serve you better. We may also send emails to seek your opinion and preference on how our products and services can improve.
- Communicate service-related messages. We send service and administrative emails to ensure that our products and services are working properly. We also send out emails to inform you about order details and status. As these messages are meant to provide information about our products and services, you may not opt out of these messages.
- Communicate promos and advertisements. Depending on your opt-out preference, we may send emails about new product features, Pixc news and updates, or newsletters about our newest blog. You may opt out of receiving this type of messages at any time.
- Responding to your inquiries/requests. If you have questions, concerns, or requests, we will use your personal information to reply to you.
- Communicate product or service changes. We may reach out to you regarding service or product changes, new offers, and other important service-related announcements, such as Policy changes, fraud notifications, security notification, etc…
- Protecting rights and interests. Your personal information will be used to protect our users and any other persons’ rights and interests, as well as protect our own rights and interests. This will also be used to enforce this Policy and our Terms and Conditions.
- Oblige to legal compliance. We may use your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, whenever applicable. This includes information requests from the law or government authorities.
Updating your personal information and privacy settings
- Emails/messages. You may opt out any time if you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us. We always provide an opt-out link for marketing/promotional emails. Please note that we may continue to send you service-related emails, which are not available for opt out to serve you better. If you do not wish to receive service-related emails, you may still contact us to deactivate your account.
- Cookies. If you do not want to consent for cookies, you can check your browser’s settings. Most browsers will have an option to set your computer to accept all cookies, not receive cookies at all, or notify you when a cookie is created.
- Third Party Analytics Services. Third party services such as Mixpanel and Google Analytics provide the ability to opt you out using their Opt-Out features.
At any point, you also have the right to object processing any of your personal information, subject to legitimate grounds. In such case, we will cease processing your information. You also have the right to revoke your consent at any given period subject to legal grounds or if you revoke consent to limited processing activities or actions.
In order to provide you with our services (or as required by our legal obligations), we will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active. However, you have the right to request for account deactivation or personal information limitation. You can do so by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will retain and continue to use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, legal rights and interests, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Protecting your personal information
- Your personal information is stored on secure servers that only limited Pixc staff have access to via password.
While we strive hard to protect and secure the personal information provided to us, there is no method of electronic storage or Internet transmission that is 100% secure. We take your personal information security seriously and use all the preventive measures at our disposal to protect your information. However, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In this regard, please contact us immediately at email@example.com if you feel your personal information has been breached. We also strongly encourage you to take the necessary steps to safeguard against unauthorized access to your account.
Links to third party websites
If you’re under 18 years of age, you can still use the Site and services. However, you can only do so with involvement and written consent of a parent or guardian.
If you continue to use Pixc after these changes are in effect, you agree to our revised policy.
Pixc takes our privacy concerns seriously. If you have concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.