[watch video here]
Am I right in saying that you want to increase traffic to your website?
So does every business I talk to.
It not only helps increase your brand awareness but also your sales.
Unfortunately, most eCommerce store owners still struggle with how to come up with different ways to drive traffic.
You’ve probably tried social media marketing and Facebook ads, but it’s more than that.
The truth is there are plenty of ways of doing this.
In this video, I share 50 different ways to drive traffic to your online store.
- Use Pinterest with backlinks to your website
- Turn your blog posts into YouTube videos
- Answer questions on Facebook groups
- Post relevant content in Facebook groups
- Answer questions on Quora
- Send your product to an influencer
- Facebook Ads, of course, if you have the budget
- Create an educational ebook that ties into how to use your product or style it
- Direct sales – pick up the phone
- Create a SlideShare presentation
- Send more email
- Search Engine Optimization — this is actually done by creating relevant content on your blog
- Add a pop-up to capture email addresses and then retarget these people with appropriate products and seasonal offers
- Ask your customers to submit a review. This will help your SEO and in turn, drive traffic
- Share reviews and testimonials on your social pages
- Start guest blogging
- Invite others to blog on your site, they will share it with their mailing list and you will get new visitors
- Join the HARO (help a reporter out) mailing list and respond to journalist requests to get you PR
- Add your blogs to Medium.com
- Add your articles to LinkedIn (if you are B2B)
- Interview thought leaders and get their opinions on a topic
- Build a community on Facebook or a Slack Channel. This is long term but can really work
- Have an in-person event or meet up to build awareness and help others
- Get involved in the conversation: Reply to comments both on your blog and on other YouTube channels
- Attend other meetups that aren’t your own but where your customers will be
- Attend relevant conferences
- Ask to be on a panel at an event
- If you are selling a physical product, list it on other marketplaces (eBay, Amazon etc)
- Post your services on places like Craigslist or Gumtree
- Create an affiliate program
- Create a referral program: Get your current customers to refer other customers by incentivizing them
- Update old blog posts, refresh them
- Post content on Reddit
- Create free webinars
- Create a giveaway
- Build a better 404 page to direct traffic to other webpages rather than broken ones or ones that no longer have stock available
- Join a podcast – you don’t have to host it yourself but offer to be on others
- Reach out to press and send them your product
- Sponsor an event
- Invest in Adwords
- Direct message on Instagram. This is rarely used so you can get an even better open rate than your usual channels.
- Use SMS: This is not very common for businesses, and how often do you leave an SMS unread? Rarely ever.
- Offer a free trial and post it up on social
- Create an e-magazine or e-book and upload it to Issue, add hyperlinks within the document
- Try out Instagram TV (IGTV)
- Do more Instagram stories and add the ‘swipe up’ feature
- Share your new items on all social channels: Consumers won’t actively look on your site but if you tell them that you got a new drop of product, this will encourage them to go and look
- Create targeted landing pages which are more likely to grab the attention of a viewer. I recommend LeadPages
- Always add a CTA to your videos and social posts. I see it all the time where you don’t ask viewers to take action, therefore they leave
Give at least three of these a try and see the difference if it makes any difference and you increase traffic to your website.
Don’t expect results overnight. You need to be consistent and persistent.
With whatever strategy you apply, always think about the value you are adding to your customers. Ask: “How does this help them?”
And, if there is a way to increase traffic to your website that I missed, please let me know in the comments below.